- Similar to general overseas chimneys, reverse insertion on the inside and normal insertion on the outside and fixed with a connection clamp.
- In overseas countries, a double chimney is connected directly from the stove. By using an insulated double chimney in a hot spot near the stove, the durability of the chimney increases. If you connect directly from the stove with a single, it will not be durable, but you can also get warmth from the chimney.It is a choice between warmth and durability.
- Yerka (150mm * Please connect our damper to the stove chimney first), Moki Seisakusho (150φ), Jotul (150mm), Regency (152mm), Nestor Martin (150mm), Borajan (150mm), Vermont Castings ( 6 inches), Dutch waist (152mm)
Chimney Clearance Regulation Number
- Clearance between single chimney and combustible wall (object): 460 mm or more
- Clearance between DVL indoor hollow double chimney and combustible wall (object): 300 mm or more
- Clearance between DuraTech insulation double chimney and combustible wall (object): 125 mm or more
- Keep a clearance of 100 mm or more between the outer wall and the heat insulating chimney.
- Provide a ventilation layer of 25 mm or more between the furnace (noncombustible wall) and the combustible wall.
- Roofing construction
- Extend the chimney straight out from the stove
How to penetrate the roofSince the number of chimney components is small, the purchase and installation costs can be reduced. In addition, the exhaust efficiency is good because the combustion smoke goes straight up, and it is designed to easily cause drafts. On the other hand, there are disadvantages such as the difficulty of cleaning the chimney because there is a stove directly below, and the possibility of rain leakage due to aging deterioration of the waterproof caulking that penetrates the roof.
Ideally, the path of the chimney should be the shortest route to the eaves, so this construction method makes sense in terms of using a wood stove.
Exposed wall construction
How to extend the chimney from the stove to near the ceiling, pull out the wall and raise it to the roofIt is easy to clean the chimney because a cleaning opening can be provided in the bend. Since the walls are less exposed to UV rays and rain than the roof, the waterproof caulking deteriorates slowly, and the rain leaks when it deteriorates. However, there are disadvantages such as increasing the number of chimney members and excessively long chimneys that face sideways will stop the draft (updraft) and accumulate soot.
During construction, the tip of the chimney must be installed at a position higher than the eaves. If it is too low, it may cause a fire.
Pellet stoves use an electric fan to exhaust combustion, so it makes a big difference whether you choose to extend the chimney indoors and go outside through the wall, or extend the chimney from the stove to the side and go through the wall and stand outside. there is no. However, since forced exhaust causes sparks to fly, it is necessary to raise the chimney about 2m from the stove exhaust port.
The tip of the chimney can be placed below the eaves, but it is necessary to direct the tip diagonally downward so that the exhaust does not hit the eaves. In windy areas, the exhaust may be pushed backwards and extinguish the stove. In that case, please attach the tip with a windproof umbrella.
Pellet stoves are forced exhaust, so the wall may get dirty depending on the shape and direction of the tip of the chimney. ●●●●●
The combustion exhaust gas of firewood is around 260°C, but the combustion temperature of chimney fire reaches 1180°C.
The ignition temperature of wood is 400-470°C. Chimney fires can easily lead to building fires. In addition, creosote contained in the exhaust gas liquefies at temperatures below 149°C and becomes tar. Single chimneys, which are susceptible to the outside temperature, will quickly adhere to tar.
Honma Seisakusho's in-adapter is a product that connects a double chimney and a single chimney. The inner diameter of this in-adapter is 150mm, and the connection with the single chimney is reversed.